LiveWebTutors General Blog
Part-time jobs provide a high wage, more money by working less. For employment, part-time has become an important form. For all age groups, the popularity of part-time work has increased for both women and men. Both demand-side and supply-side have made progress in part-time employment. Less access is there for many workers in full-time jobs. In terms of attitude and characteristics of work, a part-time workforce is a diverse group.
It is difficult for the workers to change the work hours, but many workers, both men and women have indicated an option to work for more hours. There is a fantastic development in part-time jobs. Due rise of part-time employment, a fundamental change occurs in the Australian labour market. Australia’s most significant component is Part-time work.
It also leads to social and economic evolution which is very beneficial for the community and individuals as a whole. Half of the total part-time workforce is Prime working-aged individuals aged between 25 to 54. Compared to full-time workers, part-time workers are more likely to work in low skilled occupations. In recent years there is a very high level of increase in the workforce of part-time jobs in Australia or we can say that there is an unusual growth in the workforce of part-time employment in Australia. With part-time work, there has been a diversity of experience.
Moreover, the number of part-time employed people increases during economic downturns. Employers offer flexibility to the workers. Employment remains high in the level of involuntary part-time among certain groups like younger female and male and mature age males. Employers have increased the productivity and flexibility in the workplace to attract workers which leads to the threatening of the continued growth of full-time employment.
Why do people work part-time? Following are the reasons:
- To combine work and education
- To care for children
- For livelihood
- Because the part-time job is preferred
- Because full-time work could not be found
Under the National Reform Agenda, Australian and territory/state governments have noticed increased workforce participation among the groups that have low participation rates such as women with child-raising responsibilities, mature aged, people on welfare. One approach to lifting workforce participation levels is flexible working time arrangements which are particularly access to part-time employment. Involuntary part-time has also increased employment. Greater labour market flexibility leads to results in higher participation of the workforce.
Some differences in part-time jobs and full-time jobs:
- Part-time workers take their jobs or work as less challenging than full-time workers
- Full-time jobs generally involve more responsibility than part-time jobs
- Full-time workers are more likely to be promoted an any given year than the part-time workers of a similar age
- Full-time workers are marginally less likely to have access to many other grants including flexible start, home-based work and finish times than the part-time job as they are more likely to have access to these grants.
Following are some Highest-paying Part-time jobs in Australia:
- Become a Tutor - It means knowing to brighten the future of others. You can earn a fair amount by working according to your advantage by choosing an online or offline mode of teaching. Wages are as per the experience, but the minimum wage is 20 to 30 dollars.
- Driver - Driving is the way to earn as you learn. The worker can be work as a school bus driver or an Uber driver which leads to payment of more than 15 dollars an hour and require less than 20 hours of work.
- Authorized agent - It means to provide service to others to explore things by turning their dreams into reality. So an Authorized agent can earn more than 50000 dollars annually plus an agent also got a commission.
- Waiter - Consider to work at a restaurant the individual can be courteous towards people which will lead to earning 4 dollars an hour with the tips of 20 dollars from customers under an hour.
- Stylist - Working in a salon by setting your on timing and comfort which leads to earning of minimum 10 dollars plus additional tips
- Secretary - Minimum wage varies from 10 dollars to 25 dollars an hour. Also, there is no need to going to the workplace for full-time work.
- Mail carrier - This work can be fun by working 20 hours in a week with an average income of 19 dollars an hour or more on an average
- Oral hygienist - This work requires an associates' degree but leads to the income of 32 dollars an hour
- Makeover artist - This means work as a makeup artist according to your work hours with choosing to be a freelance at a wedding or an employee for someone. Minimum wages paid are 10 dollars with additional tips.
- Personal Trainer - Being a fitness trainer or a personal trainer leads to an income of 20 dollars or more an hour as experienced trainers get more dollars an hour. It includes pilates license or yoga. And then set to take private sessions with customers via online media.
The requirements for an Australia Skilled Visa are as follows:
- Age - When you apply age must be 45 or below 45
- English language - Should have ample ability in the English language to work in Australia
- Nominated occupation - While using a skilled occupation should be nominated, which fits the skills and qualifications. This activity should be found on the Long-term and Medium Strategic Skills List
- Skills assessment - While Applying Skills must be passed by the Australian assessing authority nominates to assess your approved occupation which will commonly have exact qualifications requirements
- Health assessment - Health should be reasonably sound, and all applicants must undergo a medical examination and have their health assessed by a panel doctor
- Character assessment - Character should be good, and this too will be assessed
Some advantages or benefits of the Australian part-time work experience:
- Extra income - One of the most significant advantages is receiving an extra income; whether it helps to travel Australia during holidays break or after classes, it covers social catch-ups. Most students take on part-time or casual work during their studies in Australia.
- English language improvement - Those who are native speakers working in Australia are allowed to improve their English language skills. By using English, one can be out of their comfort zone of academic study ensuring growing of vocabulary.
- Improved Resume - Part-time jobs in Australia will help to learn valuable workplace skills, whether working as a server of customers at a shop or placement is a law. From chatting with customers and handling money by managing the time and by working in a team. So, these skills are essential to potential employers
- Industry Networking - During the studies, it does help in making contacts. You will be able to form a valuable network if you are ready to put your new skills into practice whether it's a babysitting, freelance writing for communication or childcare centre works for market research for business or teaching.
- Social Opportunities - Away from campus working part-time or casual job is a fantastic way to socialize. Also, greater independence will be developed and leads to a new circle of friends while also contribute more significant observation into Australian culture.
- More Free Time to Pursue Other Projects and Activities - the Biggest advantage of working part-time is the increased free time in which other activities can be done. Part-time jobs also apply to special sustenance projects, like civic outreach, writing, and artistic endeavours.
- Opening Doors to New Job Opportunities - Also, a part-time job can comfort individuals boost training and experience in the fields unfamiliar to them.
- Reduced Stress Levels and Improved Health - Full-time workers tend to feel more tired because they can note get sufficient so that they can exercise or enjoy sunny outdoors. More often, Part-time workers hit the gym. They are also more efficient to manage daily tasks such as doing the laundry, grocery shopping, and completing other household chores. Full-time workers have more financial stress as compared to Part-time workers. Full-time workers are also don’t commit to a healthy lifestyle generally, whereas part-time workers get a better night's sleep.
- The Importance of Family - Part-time job save daycare expenses with time for family.
- Leads to the growth of the economy - It decreases the Unemployment rate, increases the growth of GDP (gross domestic product) and also helps in Minimum interprofessional salary.
Australia has the best cities in the world to live because of the Safest country with a Multicultural nation and nature beauty. And due to overall employment in the industries, it affected the aggregate part-time employment. Working part-time is a perfect option for family-centered individuals. Extracurricular activities can be done in free time which is enjoyed by workers at part-time jobs. So, part-time working in Australia is excellent due to extra income, social opportunities, improvement in skills and also it leads to reduced stress and growth of the economy.