Time is precious, as we all say. We may try to keep enough time in hand, yet we always fall short of it. Some pending tasks are always left for the end moment and we have to hush up everything in a short time. Students have a lot of activities to be completed within various timelines. For that, having effective time management skills is a must. Effective time management strategies are needed for effective utilization of time. Some tips are enlisted below for an effective time management. Check them out:
- Keep a clock or watch to check the time: The idea behind this is, don’t waste a lot of your time in daily chores like having a bath or eating, or watching television programs. Check how much time you are devoting in such daily activities and then keep less time for them and more time for more important tasks.
- Know the time when you are most active: Find out your most active time during the 24 hour period when you can give the maximum output and you feel you are most productive. Take the most important task at this time and use your full potential at this hour.
- Make a List of tasks to be done every day: You may use a notebook or sticky slips to write the tasks and reminders, or set reminder alarms in your cell phones for respective tasks. Remove the tasks that are time-wasting.
- Prioritize and finish the important tasks first: Check your list of tasks and find out which tasks are on priority. Finish the high-priority tasks first and then move towards the next on priority list. Completing the tasks this way will keep you cheered.
- Do not cut on sleep: Get enough sleep for keeping well. Staying up late at night to finish the tasks is harmful to health. Firstly, you will not be able to focus on work at late night hours, and secondly, you will wake up feeling lazy and less energized the next morning. So, it is better to hit the bed on time and have enough sleep.
- Break each work into smaller sections: Breaking a big task into fewer sections helps you to complete the work section by section on time. Instead of investing hours on a big piece, try to devote less time on each small section and finish it.
- Give up fun and social life if required: Work is most important. If you know you’re your task holds extreme importance such that you have no extra time to waste, then no need to hang around with friends. Concentrate on your work and finish your task within the deadline. Even if it is very annoying it does help.
- Finish small tasks on the go: Some tasks can be completed while on way to home or college. Try to utilize that time for minor tasks like reading a chapter or something. Make the best use of these small time intervals to do less important work that can be taken up.
- Club the similar tasks: Some such similar tasks can be, for example, copying notes from library, drafting outlines of any assignment, or finding a theme for any project. As they involve research and writing you may take them up together. Together you can finish both the tasks faster and complete them. This is indeed different from multitasking. Avoid multitasking, as you will end up getting yourself fixed into many different types of work, all incomplete or lying mid-way. Also, you find yourself extremely worn out after the day’s work.
- Take small intervals in between your work: Having breaks keeps you refreshed and you don’t feel bored. If you rush from one task to another (which you can in the beginning of the day) throughout the day, you will feel drained. Take ten minutes’ gap before you jump onto your next task. Don’t treat yourself like a machine!
We hope these tips will help you in doing effective time management. Time flies fast, as we all know, and so, make the best use of time that you have in your hands. With determination and hard work you can manage your work and time. Let’s get started! Livewebtutors wants to tell you how to execute effective time management strategies. No matter what lies in future, you have to put in your best effort. We, at Livewebtutors, take care of your deadlines and mailing the deliverables to our customers. We provide one of the best assignment help services to students at affordable rates. Our team of professional writers is an expert team which aims to deliver the assignment entrusted to them within the specified timelines. They are competent in handling several projects together.