Performance Improvement Project (PIP)
As part of the requirements for this course, you will be asked to design and write-up a behavior change project of your own choosing. The purpose of this project is to give you an opportunity to apply the techniques learned in the course to your own life and develop a self-change program. The objective is to develop a mini-manual for self-change that is based on a clear specification of the target behaviors that you wish to change, a detailed plan for doing so, and a method for self-monitoring and/or graphing the target behaviors throughout the self-cha...
View Complete Question >>
Performance Improvement Project (PIP)
As part of the requirements for this course, you will be asked to design and write-up a behavior change project of your own choosing. The purpose of this project is to give you an opportunity to apply the techniques learned in the course to your own life and develop a self-change program. The objective is to develop a mini-manual for self-change that is based on a clear specification of the target behaviors that you wish to change, a detailed plan for doing so, and a method for self-monitoring and/or graphing the target behaviors throughout the self-change process. You are not required to actually implement the program. However, the PIP manual should be explicit enough so that you or anyone else who wanted to apply the self-change program could do so on the basis of your manual. The manual should be a minimum of 6 but not exceed 10 double-spaced typewritten pages. The following are some required PIP guidelines:
1. Select and then describe (in a general way) a performance area in your life in which you would like to make positive changes. Tell me how it impacts your life in a negative way. Briefly discuss the history of the behavior(s) you are choosing. Where are you now with this area. Ideally you should select a behavior that is important to you. The objective is to make this a meaningful assignment that you will hopefully apply on your own.
2. Identify the precise target behaviors you want to change (either increase or decrease). What specific behavior(s) do you plan on changing? As well as the situations in which you want to change them. Remember to be as specific as possible. . How will these changes look like in your life? What will be the positive impact from the change(s)?
3. Find two pieces of research on the target behavior you are trying to achieve …Either negative consequences of your current behavior or positive benefits when you change the behavior or activities/tools you can use to change the behaviour . Give me a summary of what two articles have to say about making this improvement. You will need to provide a citation of the 2 articles in APA format. I would HIGHLY HIGHLY HIGHLY recommend using the Seneca Library Database to fine your 2 articles since most data bases will provide you with the citation in APA format. I’ll show you in class. This link will also help you….https://seneca.libguides.com/apa
4. Specify what you want to accomplish in goal-setting terms using both long-term and short-term goals. Goal Setting: What are you going to do? What specific goals do you have that will allow you to reach the desired target behavior? Are your goals realistic? (review the SMART goals video if you need help) You could also use the goal template from journal 3.
5. Provide a detailed description of an action plan, with timelines specified for each element of the program. Make your goals and sub-goals challenging but realistic and sequence them in the most reasonable fashion. Action Plan: what activities will help you reach each goal? Break down each goal into smaller steps if needed. You may need only 1 action plan for each goal above or several if you break each down into smaller parts. I would recommend a minimum of 4 goals.Goal # Activity How to Accomplish How long will this take
6. Indicate how you are going to measure change in the target behaviors on which you are focusing. How will you know whether or not your program is working. Measurement of Change- what performance standards must be accomplished to demonstrate progress/achievement of each Improvement goal. How will you know that you have changed your target behaviours? How will you know/measure success? What are your expectations for your life once you have modified the behavior? You may have many measurements of change…..Realistically you should have at least one for each item in your action plan.
In organizing the manual and typing the final product, please use the following headings:1. Performance Area2. Target Behaviors3. Research4. Goal Setting5. Action Plan6. Measurement of Change
In addition to the manual, a project proposal is also required. The proposal should be the template provided addressing items #1 and #2 above. The goals you create for this particular assignment may be listed in bullet-point form if you wish.
View Less >>